Buhari Interactive Session 2007: Addresses Nigerians in Diaspora
The Foundation organised and hosted a highly successful Interactive Session with General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari. The event was tagged "Buhari Addresses Nigerians in Diaspora" and was held at the Imperial College, London - South Kensington Campus, on Saturday 21sth January, 2007.
Features of the event include:
Opening Address by MC - Mr Philip Chinwuba. Mr Philip used the opportunity to highlight the current happennings in Nigeria including Obsanjo's comments about Buhari, Wole Soyinka's comments and several other issues.
The audio file of Philip's speech can be downloaded from here. Note that you need an audio player for it to work.
Welcome Address by Dr Arabo Bayo, FGGN Secretary. Dr Arabo used the opportunity to welcome GMB and Alhaji Mamman Daura. He also used the opportunity to acknowledge and thank the contribution of FGGN members as well as other partners such as Nigeria Watch (UK), New Dawn (UK), ANPP (UK) as well as other organisations for participating in the organisation of this event.
Dr Bayo's speech can be downloaded from here.
Brief Opening Speech by General (rtd) Muhammadu Buhari . The general started by informing the audience of their reasons for being in the UK, apologised on behalf of the ANPP chairman and Governor Ahmed Sani for their inability to stay for the event. He went on to address key issues highlighted on the leaflet.
General Buhari's speech can be downloaded from here.
The main event of the day was the interactive session where participants asked their questions while Buhari answers them. Key questions include:
- How can Buhari's Government reform the Electoral System.
- Can Buhari's Government take a bill to the NASS to allow Nigerians in Diaspora vote?
- How can Buhari's Government Restructure the Country?
- How can Buhari's Government Tackle corruption?
- How can Buhari's Government Restructure the Country's Police Force?
- How can Buhari's Government Tackle Unemployment?
- How can Buhari's Government Restructure the Country's Educational System?
- How can Buhari's Government Tackle of the decay in the Health Sector?
Other issues include security, power supply, water resources, etc. You can download the audio files for the interactive sessions from the menu on the right.